Baron has had one heck of a cold for about a week. He wants to be healthy and run and play, but he usually ends up crawling into my lap and crying instead. It is difficult when you can't explain to him that if he just relaxes, cuddles and lays low he'll feel better sooner. There is one item in our house that seems to excite him despite not feeling well - the vacuum! Today I left it plugged in and he turned it on and off about a million times while I made lunch. It was one of those days (heck - it has been one of those weeks) where I decided the noise of the vacuum was better than him crying. So have at it kid! He also wanted to vacuum the stairs with me instead of playing with his dad tonight. That was odd - nothing usually trumps playing with dad. It really won't be long and he'll be able to do this himself if he wants to! Woohoo!!!
It's almost as if this kid wants chores. He loves to feed Gus - one pebble at a time. He also likes to carry a treat for Gus to our room (where Gus hangs out when we leave). He carries it all the way to Gus' bed and waits for Gus to catch up. Then he throws it at him. I guess the reason I am sharing these things is because I am amazed. Children learn so quickly and get satisfaction from the most simple of tasks. I love it! It also makes me realize that Baron will be a great big brother. I can just see him grabbing a burp rag for me or pacifer and taking pride in the fact that he is big enough to do it.
Enough dreaming - it is time to get this sweet, sick boy healthy! 

No comments:
Post a Comment