Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Curling up with a good book

Baron seems to go through phases of enjoying certain activities. This is the longest phase we have ever gone through. Lately, all he wants to do is grab a book and sit in one of our laps to read it. He has about 5 favorite books and those are the only ones he'll read. Usually we don't even read the entire book. I think it is more about finding the book, coming over to us and jumping in our laps (or patting the couch or floor to tell us to sit down) and then opening and closing the book. In fact, in the second picture I can tell he is saying "ALL DONE" as he slams the book shut. I love this phase and perhaps he senses that which is why it is lasting so long. Baron has never been much for cuddling, so this is great!
There are so many stories I wish I had taken the time to sit down and write, but I will just do a quick list of silly things he has done lately:
  • Baron discovered "Oldies" music while in a grocery store. He danced the entire time we shopped and now an oldies station is the regular in our car.
  • I learned that the saying "babies know twice as much as you think they know" is true because Baron knows that empty boxes (whether the box was emptied by him or not) go in the recycling pile. He'll do this with any box now - even if it is supposed to be holding his blocks or my dishwasher detergent.
  • Baron has learned to do leg squats ever since I started going to our Stroller Strides class. Next time you see him - ask him if he has done his squats for the day. He'll do them with enthusiasm. I wish I had that kind of energy!

The days are flying by which means our 2nd baby is growing like crazy! I was told by the moms at our playgroup yesterday that there is no question whether or not I am pregnant. Yippee! I was tired of feeling wide. I am not sure if I posted this earlier, but Baron is going to have a little SISTER! We are very excited, but I must say I was completely shocked. I just had it in my head that I was a mom to boys. I guess we still have about a 10% chance it is a boy. The ultrasound techs would only give us a 90%-99% chance that it was a girl. She was very modest in her ultrasound (ankles crossed or umbilical cord placed appropriately) so no one will give us the 100%. We have decided to name her Harper Florence Holstein. Harper is a name I have loved for years and it has grown on Nate. Florence is after my mom, my grandma's middle name and Nathan's grandma's first name. She is a mover and a kicker. Nate was able to feel her on St. Patricks Day which was much earlier in the pregnancy than he felt Baron. I started feeling her at 14 weeks! Crazy, but I think that things are different the second time around.

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter