Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Easter morning in Maui - what a beautiful day! This was my favorite part of the entire vacation. Baron came out of his room and found his Easter basket filled with sand toys and bubbles!
Shortly after we headed out to the Ritz-Carlton in Kapalua for an Easter egg hunt. Nate was armed with the camera and I had the video camera. I was feeling emotional as I watched Baron celebrate his second Easter. I had no idea how pregnant I was looking until I saw this picture!
While we waited for the "egg hunt" (it should be called an egg grab because the eggs were not hidden) to start, Baron ran around with about 100 other kids on a big open grass area. His hair looks oily in the pictures, but that is only because I was paranoid about his head burning.
We decided to have him practice by picking up leaves. Ha! Practice....ha-ha....I really don't even know if you can prepare a child for the chaos.
Aunt Alyson volunteered to be the guide during the egg hunt. Here they are putting their "game faces" on.
Okay - I guess Baron was just yawning, but we thought he was getting serious about the big hunt.
The hunt started and Baron ran out with the other kids. He went about 5 feet away from us and sat down. Alyson had to do alot of encouraging to get him to put 3 eggs in in his basket. Other children managed to get the eggs he was sitting on.
This is my favorite part of the video, but you can see the excitement in his eyes when he came to show us his treasures.
He was very pleased with his 3 eggs and enjoyed playing with them. Isn't his Easter basket/truck cute? Thanks Aunt Carly and Uncle Tyler.
Nate jumped in to help him open his eggs. Even the Ritz-Carlton fills their eggs with items from Oriental Trading Company!
The hunt was over and Baron was done playing with the prizes and he took off to run with the kids. Unfortunately we weren't able to get a family picture because by the time we attempted Baron had hit his limit and we had to rush back to our condo for a nap.

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter