Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pretend Play

This summer my mom found an awesome play kitchen for Baron. He has not stopped playing with it since it entered our house. While I nurse Harper he makes me all sorts of gourmet meals and drinks. I love to watch his imagination work. He makes little noises while he pours, stirs and cooks food on his stove. The down side is that Baron also likes to take his snacks to this kitchen and so it regularly has real food sitting on and in it. Then today - in a split second - Baron grabbed a box of dry fish batter out of my cupboard while I was cooking dinner and poured it all over his kitchen (and everything within 20 feet of him). I had my back turned to him, but when he started to pour the mix it sounded like a cake mix being emptied into a bowl and I flew into the living room knowing that I was going to witness a huge mess. As Harper and I inhaled the dusty fumes I asked "Whatcha doin' Baron?" His response "Cooking."

1 comment:

Carly said...

Oh no, that is too funny! Maybe you should start teaching Baron "pretend" cleaning! : )

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter