Sunday, June 13, 2010
Intense Fun (and picture overload)!
We had beautiful weather this weekend so we took advantage of it today. We live within a 5 minute walk of a small park so we started our day there. It is nice because we usually have the entire park to ourselves (Baron is expressing this in the first picture).
Baron loves to climb and does not have much fear which leaves me a little fearful! I have decided that fire polls are the worst invention ever because they leave a tall, wide-open space for children to fall off the toy.
This is where the intense part begins. Baron gets VERY excited while he is playing. I can see his little muscles get tense as he squeals with delight.
He used to like to go down the tunnel slide, but today he wasn't sure about it so he just sat at the top. It could have to do with a small incident we had last week with a very wet slide, slippery pants and a little boy who wouldn't listen when his mom said "Baron please do not go down the slide." Down he went (on his stomach) so fast that he flew about a foot off the end and landed on his stomach! I made sure he was alright before I laughed.
Nate will love that I posted this picture! The entire family has fun when we go to the park!
Here is the series I couldn't leave out. I think Nate had our camera on a sports setting so it catches the entire trip down the slide which includes the start where Baron and I both have the same expression.

After nap time we put Baron in his swim trunks and told him it was time to try out his new swimming pool (and sport his new sunglasses). He was so excited. We were excited because he left his hat and sunglasses on the entire time.
I sat in the pool with him. It only had about 3 inches of water in it, but I decided that we might live in this pool on the hot days this summer.
It felt so refreshing and Baron had a blast. In fact, after dinner we decided to empty the pool because it is not supposed to be warm this week. Somehow Baron ended up back in the pool and all wet again before bedtime. He should sleep well tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Those slide pictures are the best! Especially with your hand on your chest in the background. :)
You don't like the fire poles & I've never understood gravel. Why would you pour gravel around a child's toy, why not foam mats or something that has some "fluff." BTW I love how his expression changes going down the slide.
Loved the slide pictures too. I also love the swimming outfit complete with sunhat and sunglasses. What a cutie!!!
(I always hated those fire poles too.) Aunt Pam
Post a Comment