You are six months old today! I can not believe how quickly this year is passing. I really feel like we just brought you home from the hospital. In just the last week you have grown in so many ways. I am particularly happy about this growth and I believe you are too. Things have changed. I no longer have to hold you all day and pace around the house. You are more interested in playing. You smile more often and sleep a little bit better. This could be in part to your age, but it could also be that you are now having some formula during the day and rice cereal with applesauce. All this food has made you grow physically. It is time to pull out your 9 month clothes and say goodbye to your 6 month size. The jammies you are wearing in this picture were my absolute favorite. Mark and Brooke Dillon gave them to you when you were born.
Your brother continues to be your favorite person in the house. Every possible morning you two spend time together in his crib or yours. This morning it was your crib. He can be rough with you, but as soon as I want to say "be gentle, Baron" you laugh or smile and so I can't convince him that he is doing anything wrong. This makes me think that you will be a tough girl!
In some ways this has been the longest 6 months of my life as I try to figure out what makes you happy. You are particular about what you want and when you want it. That is ok - I want to think that I am raising a strong girl who can make her own decisions. However, what you want and what I want are not always the same thing. The best part of all of this is that we'll continue to grow together like all mommies and babies do. 
I love you, Harper. We all do!
Love, Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment