Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Accident

In preparation for Father's Day, I was taking pictures of the kids holding the letters "D" and "A." I gave Nathan a frame that holds three pictures for his first Father's day and each year have taken pictures of Baron holding the letters to spell DAD. This was the first year to have both kids in the frame. I was so excited, but the kids were not really into it.
Shortly after this picture was taken, Harper fell back into the bush. I picked her up and was brushing off the back of her head. When I brushed off what appeared to be a red berry blood started gushing from the back of her head. This was the first head wound on either of my children and the amount of blood made me freak out! I was yelling at Baron to follow me into the house. When the bleeding didn't stop, we walked/ran next door to our neighbor Rob's house. He is a fire fighter and I just needed reassurance that it was not as terrible as it seemed. I believe I was saying "Baron, HURRY - we need to go to Rob's house. Harper is hurt." He followed me in a two-year-old-hurry-speed. Long story short - she was fine and now we are good enough friends with the neighbors that they like to tease me about it. The best part is that the next day Baron hit his sister with a bowling pin and she started crying for obvious reasons. He looked at me and said "Hurry mom, we better go to Rob's house."

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter