Friday, August 26, 2011

The S and F words

I have a little talker on my hands. Some days he does not stop talking. Some days he doesn't stop asking questions. The question days are the ones that can make me laugh and drive me crazy all at the same time. I took advice from my sister, Sara, who gives her son as many logical answers as she can until he stops asking. It is kind of a fun game to play and usually leaves Baron with a case of the giggles (which are always followed by hicups - weird huh?!).

As I was doing dishes today, I began to replay a few of the things that Baron says that I don't want to forget. That is where the "S" and "F" words come into play. Anything that starts with the letter "S" comes out sounding like an "F." Here are a few of my favorites in Baron language:

1. Fecial Fpot translates into Special Spot - usually used when he pulls gum out of my purse and tells me he is going to put it in his "fecial fpot."
2. Fmell Fum thing translates into Smell Something. "Mommy, I fmell fum thing" and I reply "Yes, Baron. I am changing your sisters diaper."
3. Fwimming Pool tranlates into Swimming pool where we have spent many hours this summer.
4. Fwinging translates into Swinging which is a park favorite for both kids and mom.

Baron also has a few sayings that leave me in tears from laughing so hard. My favorite was when he came running down the road to tell me "There are blackberries all over this joint!" A few days later he said "Good Lord, there are ants all over this joint."


He is also perfecting his persuasive skills. We call him our little salesman. My favorite is when he is selling the idea of having a popsicle. "Maybe we could have a POPSICLE!! Do you want one mommy? (as he shakes his head yes). Maybe Harper wants one (again shaking his head yes)?" The best part is that Harper usually shakes her head yes.

It is amazing to me that in 2.5 years we went from a non-verbal new born to a full on conversationalist.

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter