Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crash

Harper is walking now. It just sort of happened. She takes a few more steps each day. Today she crashed. I really don't want to post this picture, but this bruise will be in future posts.How did it happen? Well she was walking as fast as she could and tried to catch herself on a door. When her body weight hit the door it opened. She tried to keep up with it, but crashed and hit the corner of an open drawer. I was right there and unable to stop it. I immediately picked her up and the bump was huge. I calmly got ice and a bottle (to attempt to keep her still enough to keep the ice on) and sent Rob (the Firefighter/EMT neighbor) a text to come over if possible. What would I do without this neighbor?!! I feel lucky that her head hit and not her eye or something more fragile, but like all moms, wish it never happened and feel guilty every time I look at her face.

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter