Sunday, September 18, 2011

Goodbye Pacifiers!

Today Baron told us he wanted to cut up his pacifiers. Shortly after that he said he wanted "an in-and-out-bed." At first I didn't know what he meant, but then I realized it meant he wanted a bed instead of a crib. We were so excited that he wanted to cut up his pacifiers. I still don't know why he said he wanted to cut them up. I had talked to him about giving them to baby Claire (his cousin). He offered to pack up all of Harper's pacifiers and take them to Claire instead. We also talked about taking them to the dump, but he (ok truthfully I think it was Nate and I) never seemed "ready."



He only had two pacifiers. He cut up the first one in the morning. Then the panic set in (for all of us) so we took a break from the scissors and held on to the last pacifier. A couple of hours later, Baron came to me and said he wanted to cut up the last one and he wanted an in-and-out-bed. I had to ask Nathan to help him because I was shaking so bad. They cut it.

Now it was our end of the deal. We took apart the crib and turned it into a toddler bed. I should have known that the term "in-and-out-bed" meant trouble. Why did I let my 2 year old make a deal with me?!! How did he learn to negotiate at the age of 2?!!!

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter