Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is one on my favorite family traditions that I hope to continue with my own family. I always loved going to Christmas Eve service as a child knowing that Santa was going to visit Grandma's house while we were there. Now I just love hearing the Christmas story and spending time with all of the family. This year we made many memories with friends and family.
We went to church early so we could meet up with the Hooyer and Becker families. Baron and Calvin were constantly on the move. I never did get a picture of their faces!
Calvin showed Baron how to crawl under the pews. That really brought back memories. I remember getting in trouble for doing that! I was one of the readers at church and during the entire service Baron sat in the pew and said "Da-Da" and pointed at me. In my head I was thinking "I'm Ma-Ma kid!" It was probably a good thing I was reading because it kept him entertained. It was also a good thing that Chris brought us dried peaches because later in the service I heard Baron say "Mmmmmmm!"
After service we took a few family pictures. It is really hard to get 2 kids and 8 adults to look at the camera at the same time! Once we were home after chruch the kids went to bed and the rest of us played a fun gift exchange game. It was not your typical white elephant. Nate scored this sweet Snuggie! I think Sara was the grand prize winner with the last gift. It was a crazy fur scarf of some sort. Let's just say the head and feet were still attach and my skin still crawls thinking about it.

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter