Sunday, December 13, 2009

SANTA!


We took Baron to see Santa today. He was a little unsure. This Santa was very nice and although the picture looks like he is scolding Baron, he was actually just telling him how this year will be more fun than the next two years! I am sure Santa has been doing this long enough to know that 2 and 3 year olds do not like him. We tried to get a smile, but we didn't have any luck.
I had an interesting conversation with my sister about this tradition of sitting on Santa's lap and I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. When did this tradition start? We just find a man with a white beard (sometimes a little yellow due to smoking), a red suit and black boots and plop our children on his lap! Then we say "SMILE." The rest of the year we teach/discuss "stranger danger." No wonder our poor kids get confused sometimes.

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter