Sunday, October 3, 2010

Love

Dear Harper,
I hope that someday you read this blog so that you will know just how much your brother loves you. He has been excited about you since the day we brought you home. He loves to hold you on the boppy pillow. He loves to pretend to nurse you. He offers you snacks multiple times a day and I have to remind him that you only drink mommy's milk. He entertains you with silly dances, songs and by waving toys in your face (I try to keep them a safe distance, but in all honesty you have been nailed a few times by stuffed animals). He tells you about the animals on your bouncer chair because he loves to say the word elephant. He tries to climb in the bathtub when we are bathing you because he wants to play with you so badly. He tells everyone in the grocery store and at the park that your name is Harper (most people aren't asking, but he'll talk to anyone). Every time he wakes up in the morning or from a nap he asks where you are if I am not holding you. When you start to cry, he has tears well up in his eyes because he knows you are not happy.
Even though he has attempted to hit you once (even though he was mad at me), tells you that you are all done eating when he wants my attention and is completely jealous that I let you sit on the counter in your swing, he still loves you more than I could have ever imagined.
Love, Mom

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter