Saturday, April 23, 2011

Egg Hunt

We went to a communiy egg hunt the day before easter that was sponsored by a local church. It was a beautiful day. We got there a little early so got comfortable and checked out the competition.
Is an egg hunt a competition? I guess not technically, but it sure got my heart pumping with a little competitive blood. My son does not have this blood. He stopped and opened EVERY SINGLE EGG before he would go and pick up another egg. I spent most of the time saying "put it in your basket, Baron, and go get another egg!" The rest of the time I spent laughing at myself, my inability to calm my competitive nature, and the fact that I was encouraging him to go get more CANDY. Candy - the stuff I go to great lengths to hide from my son. Candy - the stuff that makes my son bounce off the walls with excitement then crash into a super dramatic tantrum. Candy - the stuff that I also used to bribe my son to potty train.
After the egg hung (aka 10 seconds later), Baron had to sit and examine all of the candy one more time. As he drooled over tootsie rolls, Harper sat on her blanket and drooled (literally) on our video camera.



It was a fun day! We stayed at the park after the hunt and ate lunch, fed ducks (we missed the sign that said "DO NOT FEED THE DUCKS") and played on the swings and big toy. Then we came home and enjoyed a little more sun on the deck before nap time. Doesn't this sweet girl look like her daddy?

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter