Friday, April 22, 2011

SUNSHINE!

Harper is 9 months old today and the sun is SHINING! Even better - it was actually warm too! We spent as much of the day as possible outside. The grass is still soggy so we are thankful for our deck. At the end of the night the kids wanted to go inside and as I was picking up, I realized that I moved half of our house out to the deck to keep them occupied!
My favorite moment was when Baron read to Harper. She tries to pay attention...

but she would rather have the book in her hands. Their hats crack me up. Harper's actually fits, but Baron's is on the small side. I can't believe how much his head has grown since the end of last summer. The best memory from this picture is what Baron was saying to Harper. "No-no baby girl." I often say that to Harper when she is doing something that we don't let Baron do like throw food. Someday she will understand too, but most of the time I am saying this for him to hear. At least I know he is listening.
Once Nathan was home we decided to dye easter eggs. Baron LOVED every minute of it. I was thankful we were able to do it outside (with a blue tarp below us). I really had to let go and watch Baron be creative. Most eggs were multi-color by the time we were finished. A few were cracked, but overall I was so impressed with his attention span and his gentle handling of the eggs. We finished the evening with dinner on the deck. Such a beautiful day with many memories.

No comments:

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter