Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Grand Idea

We've all done this as parents. We think we have this grand idea that will solve all of our problems. We implement the idea only to find it leads to yet another problem. My grand idea this winter came to me after Christmas. We had put our Christmas tree in a corner of our living room with our love seat on one side and the couch on the other. This helped protect the tree from curious little hands. After the tree was gone, I decided not to put the furniture back. Instead I decided to move Baron's play kitchen into the space. I figured I wouldn't have to look at the mess of all the pretend food and utensils, etc. And it worked!! Baron loved it because it was his own kitchen. However, after a week or two the newness of his own kitchen wore off. He still wanted to play in it, but just not alone. The words I heard ALL WINTER LONG were "Mommy, come play in my kitchen." Let me remind my readers that he is two which means he does not say anything one time. He says it 10 times. He also loves his kitchen and plays in it multiple times a day. So I heard "Mommy, play in my kitchen" approximately 50 times a day ALL WINTER LONG!

Tonight I said to Nathan "Quick, take a picture of this." At first he didn't understand so I had to explain that I wanted a picture of the small space where Baron, Harper and Mommy played ALL WINTER LONG! Have I mentioned that it has been an unusually long winter this year?

1 comment:

kmkniep said...

I heart this post a lot. Been there, done that :) As a somewhat Type-A ;) mom, it's hard to corral the toys and still feel like you have a grown-up space. You're a trooper, Vanessa! Here's to sunshine and playing outdoors!

Holstein Family Blog Vistors

Visitor Counter